You’re new to Clash and looking for a base to protect your hard-earned gold and elixir. Understandable, wise even, to come here and use an effective base design.
While few defenses are available to you, you can leverage them effectively to keep your loot out of other people’s grubby hands.
Use one of the bases below for inspiration or copy it as is.
- All the loot storages are walled off, preventing Barbarians and Goblins from simply running up to them and stealing your loot.
- The Mortar in the middle protects the storages from and all Barbarians, Archers and Goblins.
- The base gives up the Town Hall in order to offer a balanced combination of loot storages and defenses at the center of the base.
- All the loot storages are inside of the walls.
- The storages are defenses by defenses.
- Mortar in the middle protects the base from barch.
- The small bombs on the inside offer some level of protection against troops swarming into the base.
- The Town Hall is easily taken out.
- One single big compartment makes it easy for troops to move through the base once they’re inside.
- This base has all the defenses within walls, which keeps Giants from taking out any of them until they break through a wall.
- The defenses are split between two compartments, which means that Giants will have to break through two walls before they can destroy all four defenses, by which them they will already have died.
- All the loot storages are within the walls, preventing easy access to troops like Barbarians or Goblins.
- The Town Hall is left outside the walls as there’s no room left within the walls.
- Defenses are spread out, making it difficult for Giants to destroy them all in time.
- The loot storages are divided between 2 compartments, making it less likely that an attacker will be able to get both of them.
- The Mortar in the middle of the base protects it from any spammy attacks.
- With the Town Hall outside, the base won’t often be saving you trophies.
- You have the option to prioritize a resource you need most, which is typically gold needed to max out the walls.
- The Mortar at the center protects the base from barch.
- Three of the defenses are within their own compartment, making it more difficult for Giants to destroy them all.
- The compact base design prevents it from being able to protect the Town Hall.
Clash with josh
- Loot storages are well-protected by walls and being separated in compartments.
- The Mortar in the middle protects the base from spammy low cost troops attacks.
- The point defenses are very exposed, which leaves the base more vulnerable to stronger armies.
- The base foregoes the Town Hall to better protect the loot storages.
- All the storages and the Town Hall are protected behind walls.
- Barbarians and Giants will have to go through a wall to get to any of the defenses, which will thin out their numbers before they succeed.
- The bombs further weaken a mob of Giants.
- Centralized Mortar provides good coverage against barch.
- Troops only have to break through single wall to get access to the entire core of the base.
- The design is focused around protecting your gold, with each storage in it’s own compartment.
- The gold compartments are in range of every defense.
- The Town Hall is well-protected in the middle of the base.
- Two Cannons are exposed to attack, which makes the base more vulnerable to Giants.
Over to you
Since you have few walls at Town Hall 3 you have to make some concessions. Walling off all your storages and defenses means you end up with one large compartment where everything can be easily targeted once troops break into it.
Using three compartments on the other hand slows down Giants, but forces you to place either defenses or storages outside of the base .
Do you like any of the TH3 Farming Bases above? Or do you have any great bases yourself? Let us know in the comments below!