To use an anti 2 star base or anti 3 star base, that is the question!
It all depends on the type of clans you’re typically up against, and how maxed your TH10 is.
- If you’re in a more casual clan facing opponents who can barely 2 star your base, you’re best off using an anti 2 star base which makes it difficult to get to the Town Hall.
- If you’re in a more experienced clan with a few TH11s above you in wars, you may want use an anti 3 star base, which, when maxed, can defend against TH11 attackers dipping down.
Listed below are some of the best TH10 war bases; no matter what kind of clan you’re in or how maxed your TH10 is!
Anti Meta Base
- The Inferno Towers have their own compartments which prevents Bowlers or a queen charge from targeting them.
- The dead space on the left side discourages attackers from attacking that side where a kill squad could enter, and set off all the traps.
- The top left part of the base contains all the spring traps, and most of the Giant bombs, making it deadly to Hog Riders.
- The Wizard and Archer Towers are placed apart from the Air Defenses. This means lava hounds can’t tank for Balloons in the lower right side of the base. Also, the Air Sweeper angles, air bombs, and Inferno Towers counter Balloons.
- Bombs prevent Wall Breakers from breaking into the base.
- The middle of the base can’t be opened by 4 earthquakes, because the width is 8 tiles.
- Outside storages make it more difficult to funnel Bowlers into the base.
- Teslas on the outsides of the base help against Valkryies who may break out of the base, and cause Balloons to bunch up where they become vulnerable to splash damage from the Wizard Towers.
- The base can be easily 2 starred with a decent percentage. Even mass Dragons with a queen walk could probably destroy much of the base as it’s only designed to prevent 3 stars.
Base by Julius from Dark Looters During CWL Finals
This base prevented a 3 star multiple times. The base above is a little different as some of the traps aren’t exactly the same.
- The empty space around the Inferno Towers makes them more difficult to target with troops.
- The core compartment is a surprise kill zone due to the 3 Giant bombs and 4 Hidden Teslas.
- The spring traps around the outsides of the base counter Bowlers and Witches which go around the base as part of a GoBoWi attack.
- The seeking air mines are placed where Lavahounds are expected to come from. The one seeking air mine next to the Town Hall protects the Air Defense, or can hit a healer if the attacker queen charges from the bottom side of the base.
- Now that Dragons are stronger since the CWL finals, the base is more vulnerable to a mass Dragon attack, possibly combined with a queen charge from the bottom.
Base by Brad Piff from Reddit Omega
- The 4 large compartments make pathing tricky for troops such as Balloons.
- The Bomb Towers protect the heroes from the skelleton spell, and high hp buildings also increase the amount of investment required to take out the heroes.
- Centralized clan castle.
- The Wizard Towers are placed in the center away from Air Defenses to counter air attacks.
- The Teslas on the outsides can screw up Balloon pathing causing them to bunch up which leaves them vulnerable to splash damage.
- The heroes and 2 Air Defenses can be taken down at a relatively cheap cost.
- As the base is symmetrical it’s easier to plan for it.
- Not all the traps are like the original.
- Lots of long compartments and Inferno Tower islands counter Bowler based attacks.
- Spring traps along the sides of the base counter Bowlers and Witches going along the sides of the base.
- Wizard Towers and air bombs in the core protect the base from Balloons.
- The Bomb Tower and Wizard Tower protect the Archer Queen from a skelleton spell.
- Four of the seeking air bombs are placed on the left side of the base to quickly dispose of Lavahounds or healers.
- The extra large Inferno Tower island puts the Inferno Tower out of range of the Archer Queen, making it trickier to funnel Balloons from that side. The other sides are covered by Air Sweepers.
- The king protects the queen while also making it more costly to take out the Inferno Tower and Air Defense for a LaLoon attack.
- The Inferno Tower and an Air Defense can be taken out by a king and queen, leaving the base more open to a LaLoon attack. The king could be swapped with the Bomb Tower if you find the queen needs more protection from attack from the bottom left.
- You only need 2 jump spells to get from one end of the base to the other, making the base a target for Witch attacks. The spring traps along the sides of the base and the inside Mortar help defend against Witches.
- Having spring traps on the outsides means the base isn’t as well protected on the inside from hogs and Valkryies, though they can catch Hog Riders upon entry before they take out any defenses.
Base by Luke from Poetic Darkness
- The queen is well protected by the king, and the Bomb Tower nicely counters skelleton spells.
- Air defenses are placed on the outsides of the base to prevent Lavahounds from tanking the other defenses.
- The Wizard Tower and Tesla Farm do a lot of damage to Balloons.
- Double bombs can mess up attacks by taking out Wall Breakers trying to enter the base from the most probable spots of entry.
- An attacker can bypass the Air Sweepers by attacking from behind them.
- The way the defenses are placed would allow Balloons to neatly path to the core, instead of splitting off to the sides.
Anti 2 Star by JCarl
- The Town Hall has its own compartment, and is further protected by a ring of empty space.
- The base can easily prevent 2 or 3 star attacks when the opposing clan is casual.
- The Town Hall can’t be sniped by the Archer Queen.
- Inferno towers, while quite exposed, are protected by heroes and lots of traps.
- Lack of compartments and dense building placement leave it more vulnerable to mass Valkryies.
- The base is fairly easy to 3 star by a well executed LaLoon attack, because the Lavahounds can do a lot of tanking for the Balloons.
- The clan castle can be easily lured.
Base by IJackSparrow
- The queen is difficult to reach, and protected by the king and Bomb Tower.
- The base can be difficult to LaLoon, unless you know how to tackle these types of bases.
- The Inferno Towers can’t be sniped from the outsides of the base, and has double walls to protect against an Archer Queen entering with the help of Wall Breakers.
- The storages help slow down an attack by Dragons that would most likely come from behind the sweepers.
- The base is symmetrical, and thus easier to plan an attack against as troop pathing is more predictable.
- The base offers no protection against Witches.
- A well executed LaLoon attack can 3 star the base. An attacker can have Lavahounds fly over the Wizard and Archer Towers with enraged Balloon spam in tow. A couple heal spells could heal the Balloons after they get through the infernos.
Anti 2 Star
- This can be a good base in casual clans to prevent the attacker from getting more than 1 star. The Town Hall is tricky to reach without careful funneling.
- The buildings in the inner ring are spaced apart by 1 tile to prevent Valkryies from doing a ton of splash damage.
- The small 1 defense compartments can make the base harder to finish off.
- Bombs are placed with some distance apart from other bombs to minimize the effect of heal spells.
- Air defenses are out of range of Wizard Towers allowing Wizard Towers to focus on Balloons. Also, the ranges overlap and are supported by seeking air mines to make short work of Lavahounds.
- Spring traps are placed in between defenses to catch Hog Riders and Valkryies.
- Outside Teslas can mess up Balloon attacks by making them bunch up into vulnerable groups. They also help counter Valkryie attacks.
- The Air Sweepers protect the Wizard Towers from Balloons, while the large amount of storages at the Archer Queen’s side provide protection against Dragons attacking from behind the sweepers.
- The lack of compartments makes the base more vulnerable to getting 3 starred if you’re facing a strong and skilled clan.
- The clan castle is easy to lure, but does help protect the Archer Queen.
Base by Daniel from Dark Looters
- Spring traps in the right most compartment are an unorthodox, but potentially effective, counter against a kill squad coming in from three o’ clock.
- Spring traps on the outside of the base pick off Bowlers, Witches, and potentially Hog Riders.
- Double bombs keep Wall Breakers from entering the queen’s side of the base.
- Four Giant bombs in the core devastate Bowlers.
- LaLoon attacks are difficult to execute on this base, because the external Air Defenses prevent other defenses from targeting Lavahounds.
- Probably not as effective when the base isn’t maxed.
- Half of the traps are not like the original.
- Exposed Air Defenses leave the base more vulnerable to mass Dragons which can 3 star the base when it’s not maxed, or get a high percentage 2 star if it is.
Anti 2 Star
- The open middle space makes funneling a lot more tricky.
- There’s a lot of space between the Town Hall and the rest of the base, which makes it difficult to get to the Town Hall.
- Giant bombs are spread out to force heal spells.
- Lots of high hp storages are placed near the queen to protect her.
- Teslas are placed in front of Wizard Towers to force Balloons to bunch up.
- The base only has 9 compartments, which leaves it vulnerable to getting 3 starred by Valkryies.
- Air sweepers aren’t able to cover many air targetting defenses.
- Clan castle can be easily lured.
Anti 2 Star
- The Town Hall has its own compartment with a moat around it to prevent it from being targeted by enemy troops.
- Wizard Towers are placed apart from Air Defenses to ensure they target Balloons.
- Air sweepers cover 2 Wizard Towers each.
- Seeking air mines around the Town Hall can prevent Minions from sneaking to the Town Hall.
- The Tesla Farm can surprise an unprepared attacker, and slows down ground troops allowing the Barbarian king to whack them into submission.
- Enemy troops such as Valkryies will have an easy time moving through the base as it only has 7 compartments.
- The Inferno Towers are exposed.
Over to you
Which TH10 war base is best for you mainly depends on the type of clans you face. If you face clans which often 2 or even 3 star TH10s in your clan then you probably want to use an anti 3 star base. If you are in a casual clan, and your base is often attacked by new TH10 players or rushed TH10 players, then an anti 2 star base can be an effective way of denying the enemy clan stars.
What do you prefer anti 2 star or anti 3 star bases? Do you like any of the above bases or do you have a great TH10 war base you would like to share? Let us know in the comments below!